Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jesse: 34 weeks

Please beware this post may come across as whiny, but really I am just plain miserable pregnant right now and in all honesty here it is.

So, lets start in the mornings.  I wake up sleeping on my back because my shoulders hurt from switching side to side.  If I sleep on my left my left shoulder KILLS me, if I sleep on my right my right leg falls asleep.  So then when I wake, I stress that I have somehow hurt Jesse because I am once again sleeping on my back and can't help it!  I then poke my belly or worry till I feel him move.  There isn't a lot of time to just relax and lazily get out of bed because my toddler is usually calling my name.  Our mornings are the best.  I am the most relaxed, Jesse seems to sleep usually and gives me gentle movements of reassurance and light kicks.  By lunch time I am getting soooo sleepy, but I have to get Owen fed and myself.  If we ran errands my body is so ready for some chill time.  After Owen gets into bed it is my only time with any energy to get anything done, but sometimes I am so tired.  If I am motivated I end up doing way too much (like today).  If I am tired and I can I will take a nap.  These naps are AMAZING!  I will end up sleeping for hours and not moving an inch, but then that leads to a night of tossing and turning.  Then again I toss and turn if I don't nap.

After Owen is up it is time to cook dinner, clean the kitchen and general more running around the house.  This leads to my belly getting so hard and heavy.  Finally, Owen is down for the night and I usually let myself relax.  Recently, this hasn't been the case.  I sit down and immediately Jesse decides it is "dance party".  He kicks, he rolls he basically is killing me!  I love feeling him move, but I don't remember it HURTING like this.  Sometimes, he is so low I am afraid he is going to fall out or kick his way out.  Some evenings the contractions start.  They come about every 10-20 minutes starting at my belly getting tight, then it feels like it moves up my chest and into my head this weird pressure.  Sometimes this will last till it is time for bed and even when I am laying down and trying to sleep they still come.  This is when I really get worried.  Though now that we are 34 weeks I am ok with him coming anytime.  Even though I really just want to get the BATHROOM DONE!

As I am typing this, Chris is working hard at 8:45 in the bathroom.  He is muding and sanding the ceiling and some of the walls.  The plumber is due back tomorrow to HOPEFULLY finish the rough in plumbing.  I am so ready to have this baby and so ready to have our bathroom back.  I don't want to bring Jesse home to a construction zone, but it is most likely going to be the case.

Total weight gain/loss: 
Maternity clothes: Yes and some of my favorites this summer are no longer fitting :(  I am down to t-shirts and sweats just about! 
Stretch marks: I think there is a new one on the underside of my right belly.  Thankfully, I can't see it most of the time!
Sleep:  I am miserable and will probably get more sleep once he is here! 
Best moments this week:  My mommy friend threw us a "sprinkle" it felt more like a baby shower and I am all stocked up!
Belly button in or out?: OUT and people are commenting!
Craving: not much, just if I don't eat all my snacks I do get hungry and it is hard to get full again. 
What I am looking forward to: having a baby this month or NEXT month!  FINALLY SOOOO CLOSE!

Per Bab.y cen.ter:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

34 weeks bare belly

No comments:

Post a Comment