Saturday, September 12, 2009

CD31 and the $ we've spent

Today I spent some time separating my health file into two files. One is a basic health file and the next one is my IF file. In doing this I tallied how much we have spent and I was surprised it was as high as it was. I've added the list to the side of my blog and will be updating it as we continue this journey.

So, I knew the money was a lot, but I had never sat down and added it up. Whew, over $800. At that is before we even have a bun in the oven. Plus the delivery will be out of pocket apx $8-10k!!! This baby is going to be expensive. Hopefully, the clomid will be our ticket as it will only be $11 a month, I can handle that...but the further we go in this medical intervention the more the prices continue to go up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeanna - unfortunately the price for some of us to get preg is very high...it depends on where you want to stop. I thought i'd stop at iui's but...they didn't work. Now of course ivf is our last stop. We are totally OOP but my FIL just told us tonight that he is going to help us pay for it. I hope you don't have to go that far girl. I really hope you get your bfp soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are totally OOP too since we have no insurance. If the clomid doesn't work for us we will just have to wait and try again later I guess since we really can't afford to try anything else.

    ReplyDelete