So as of right now I have the following sewing projects to do:
- Bedskirt
- Valance for Window
- Seat Cushion for Rocking Chair
- Pillow for back of Rocking Chair (can later be used on toddler bed)
Lets get started!
Judy did the measurements and then I did the cutting.
Here we are with everything cut and pined together and I am sewing them together.
As always a good teacher shows and lets her student learn by doing!
Oh and did I meantion that Judy gave me the white sewing machine that you see on the table! I will just say it was very expensive back in '79 when she purchased it. It is still her favorite machine, but she is letting it live at my house under the understanding that she might need to borrow it for a class from time to time! Good thing we only live 4 miles a part! What a perk!
The machine has some really cool features:
push a button and it will sew a knot at the end of your line
does a type of over lock stitch (keeps the edge from fraying)
really easy to fill the bobbin with thread
needle threader!!!
and more, but I am just learning one thing at a time!
Thanks Judy for all your help and for the loan of your special sewing machine!


I love sweet, helpful mother in laws! Happy sewing!
ReplyDeleteLooks so fun. Can't wait to see the finished product!
ReplyDeleteYay! The fabric looks sooooo good!~ :) i can't wait to see it all put together!
ReplyDeleteThats awesome that you are able to make your own bedding that will save you tons of money....I used to be in 4-H and one of my projects was sewing....I used to know how to make a pillow....sew pants/shirt.....and a skirt but now I would have no clue
ReplyDeletehandsewn items are always so much more meaningful :) My mom is a sewer and is teaching my daughter, but I've never learned!
ReplyDelete