The night we found out that we were having our little Owen, we headed to Lowes and bought no VOC paint in our new favorite color Sea Breeze by Eddie Bauer. Alaina, you have to tell me what color you used b/c I think they are very similar!
When we bought the house we did a few improvements to the nursery including: scraping the popcorn textured ceiling, painting the ceiling, installing crown molding and switching the receptacles from ivory to white. Of course, my personal electrician put us up to code with tamper resistant receptacles!
Here are the before pictures:
Enter in the room: the changing table will eventually be on the left wall.
Notice the bassinet that is ready to be set up. Thank you Anna for the bassinet. 2 of my good friends babies have slept in it and I can't wait to put my baby in there too. Sophie and Camryn have proved it is comfy!
The other side of the window: The crib will go in this corner.
The light wood dresser was my changing table when I was a baby, mom still has the matching rocking chair. We are not going to use it because it is the wrong color wood, I enjoyed using it all through college and at our last house in my walk-in closet.
Corner where the bookcase will go and his closet.
The black dresser will be moved to the other side of the closet.
See the black dresser will fit perfectly on the little wall to the right of the closet!


I am so excited you are having a boy!! The color we used is MSL125 Lagoon (martha stewart living) and we had it mixed with the Behr Paint & Primer. It just looked yours up and it does look very similar. Great minds think alike! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
ReplyDelete