My mom jokes that instead of a bunch of nerves that I only have one nerve. Like you may get on some peoples nerves, but don't get on Jeanna's nerve. It is a joke that has followed me since grade school.
Sometimes this has come in handy as I am really in tune with my body. I feel everything from the seam in my shirt to the earliest flutters from Owen. The past week I have noticed that my left eye seemed off, it seemed to tired easily, I was seeing little stars in my vision randomly and my floaters (the things that everyone has in their eyes, some people can see a pattern in their vision~of course I have mine memorized) pattern had changed. So today I ended up at my eye doctor's office again. He did a lot of tests that I've never had done before (after 20 years of eye dr appointments I've had quite a range of tests done). Basically, we are a little worried. I have a bleed on the optic nerve in my left eye. The optic nerve is what goes between your eye and your brain, you damage it and you lose some or all your vision. There are some things that he can do for me, but being pregnant makes it more challenging.
I am having another test done in the morning and I will know more then, so until then I am not worrying and giving it up to the Lord in prayer. I am not googling this because I don't want to know a bunch of worst case scenarios If you could please say a few prayers for me this evening or in the morning as I am headed back to his office at 9:30am..
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


oh honey, hugs..you must be so scared. i promise it will be okay.
ReplyDelete*big big hugs*
xoxox
lis
I can give you words of encouragement. I used to work in an eye hospital-I've seen these things work out, and, people go on to live happy, vision filled lives. Don't Dr. Google. You are in good hands with an ophthalmologist. Saying some prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteoh my, you are in my prayers. I will call you tomorrow on my way to soccer practice. <3 you.
ReplyDeletePrayer said. HUGS and I hope it turns out well.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything turns out okay!
ReplyDeleteNo good can come from googling! Trust your doctor and keep your chin up!
ReplyDelete