Monday, December 3, 2012

IVF Day 21: ET-3 day transfer

Embryo Transfer Day:

"Embryos are cleavage stage.  Best embryos are non-fragmented and 8 cells or more.  If embryos are transferred today they may first undergo assisted hatching in which a laser hole is created in the shell around the embryo to facilitate implantation."

So, I didn't sleep last night.  I was so worried that I would get a phone call at 8am that none of our embies had made it and the whole thing was canceled.  Well, I did get a phone call and they were just confirming we were coming for the transfer at 10am.  This was actually a great thing, that they called, because the drive to the office I was so relieved and relaxed.  We found out we are transferring 2 nine cells embryos.  They wanted them to be 8 cells or more AND we found out our were graded a 1.  Zero is no fragmantation, 1 is 10% or less and I am not sure how high up it goes, but 10% fragmentation is GREAT!  They didn't do the assisted hatching because they said they looked so great they didn't need it.

Anyway, the other 2 embies are growing. One is an 8 cell and one is a 5 cell. Hopefully, the 8 cell will make it to freeze.


But here is what they put back into my body today and I am pregnant until proven otherwise!

Check out the new ticker at the top, our countdown to beta PG b/w!!  Lets pray we are pregnant!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! Those look great!!! And to be graded 1 and be so far advanced that they didn't need to do assisted hatching...eekkk...I'm just so excited for you!!! Stick and grow lil' babies! Your monny and daddy can't wait to meet you.

    Saying lots of prayers for you.
    Congrats on being PUPO!

    Kara
    www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete