Saturday, December 1, 2012

IVF Day 19: Fert Report

This is Day 1 after retrieval:

"The Embryologist will call you with fertilization rate.  This will usually occur by noon. Cannot tell much more than fertilization."

I am disappointed.  Only 5 eggs were mature and 4 fertilized.  We are scheduled for a 3 day transfer back to me Monday at 10am.  There is a very slight chance they will call Monday at 8am to reschedule to a 5dt this is if all 4 are 8 cells or more.  But that is unlikely.  We need your prayers these little embryos who are in a dish start dividing and growing.  We won't get any updates till then.  I am so scared the RE is going to call Monday morning and say that none of them made it and we are totally canceled.

My recovery seems to be pretty quick, I stopped taking the pain meds today. I am still sore when I stand up and sometimes if I walk to fast.  Thankfully, I have the luxury of relaxing today since it is Saturday and hubby has been great!



1 comment:

  1. Jeanna, Hoping and praying so hard that those 4 embabies divide and grow as they should! I was discouraged with my AFC at my appt this morning. Nothing like getting bad news that quickly deflates your sails! We just have to keep telling ourselves that it only takes 1. I know, it's so cliche...but that's what we need to believe to hold onto hope right now! I am certain that you will gat a call telling you that you have at least a few perfect embies on Monday!

    Hugs,
    Kara
    www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete