Yes, you read that title correctly. Tests. I failed the first and to my shock and disappointment; I failed the 3 hour one too. To keep this blog real, I broke down in tears in the parking lot on the phone to Chris. I just feel I am making the tour of pg issues after finishing the IF tour. I have to admit I was a whiny mess for a couple of days and anyone in earshot got an earful about poor me. Now, I am trying my best to research new meal ideas and recipes to try. Today I went to the local co-op store and bought a bunch of ingredients that I can use to make some special things for me to eat. I didn't buy too much because I still have to attend the gestational diabetes class on Wednesday where they will tell me exactly what I need to do. Thankfully, it seems pintrest and blogs are full of great ideas and I even tried one out tonight. My other positive outlook is that I didn't want to gain the almost 50 pounds as I did with Owen. Well, if I do this diet right I wont! Goodbye oreos and milk. My favorite cereal in the morning. Hello, having to plan my meals better, more cooking at home,weird grains, almond milk and tons more veggies and PROTEIN!!
Here is the first recipe I tried tonight:
Grain Free Rosemary Focaccia

Ok, so mine didn't look as awesome as the picture, but Chris tried it and we agreed it wasn't half bad. I could get used to it. I ate some of the focaccia and a large salad topped with real bacon bits, cheese, tomatoes, large helping of shredded chicken and ranch dressing (was weird not having the guilt of eating ranch for once!) Chris had the same salad with a baked potato instead of eating my bread. Maybe he will lose weight with me!


No comments:
Post a Comment