A little background: So, since 18 months we have had the froggy potty in the bathroom. We have used marshmallows as treats or rewards. This worked great when they were "new" thankfully we got a different type of marshmallow after a while and so he got re interested! Recently, when we ask if he needs to pee pee or wants a marshmallow he says no. Chris really has been pushing wanting to try to see if he is ready. Play school starts in 5 days and at play school he will get the opportunity to try and potty, but they can be in diapers or underware.
Anyway, I am really proud of him today. We got the second frog potty out and out it in front of the TV. He wore his t-shirt and socks. He watched movies, had salty snacks, juice, chocolate milk and peed in the potty 5 times before naptime! There was a tiny dribble on the floor, but it seems he stopped himself!! The only oops we had was poop, but then we haven't been successful with poop yet anyway. I ran into my room to switch pants so we could run to the bank and I walk back to poop falling onto the floor!! Then he proceeds to step on it! The first thing he says is "I am sorry, mommy!" He knew it wasn't right. Thankfully, he was wearing socks and it was easy to pop the sock off and into the wash! Owen helped me wipe the floor (after I cleaned it!) and flushed the poop down the toilet! We talked a lot about pooping in the potty next time and I was hopeful.
We ran to the bank and were gone for 40 minutes no accident. He wore shorts no underware!! Then it was naptime. I knew what would happen and was right. He took a great nap and I could see on the monitor the pee puddle! LOL. I stripped the bed and washed everything. What I wasn't expecting was the additional "rocks" in the underware! They fell out onto the floor, ops! We cleaned them up, wiped Owen down and put a new shirt and socks on!
The rest of the night was good! A bath, eating dinner at his table and two more pees in the potty. Clean sheets on the bed, clean PJs and a night time diaper and he is down till day 2!



No comments:
Post a Comment