Monday, December 14, 2009


How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 11 pounds
Maternity clothes: yup
Stretch marks: nope  
Sleep:  still getting up to use the restroom 4 plus times a night, I am used to my new pillow for my side sleeping and I am sleeping better, poor Chris has to freeze while I switch sides and uncover him in the process.  He is too good to complain.  
Best moment this week:   this week was not so great, I was focused on my head cold
Gender: hoping to find out on THURSDAY!
Belly button in or out?: In, but it is wider and not as deep
Craving: being sick I was not interest in food very much.  
What I miss: not much, i am so happy to have these little ones inside me!
What I am looking forward to:  my DR apt on THURSDAY!! did I mention that it was this THURSDAY...even if we don't find out the sexes, we should know the date for the next ultrasound and when we should be able to find out!!!





baby center dot com "Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.  The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.  Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently."

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, little avocados. You are definitely starting to get a little bump. Its so exciting to see yourself grow. Enjoy every minute of it, it goes by so fast. The good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm picturing the twins with their little twin toenails!! Bummer about the U/S but hopefully we'll have a definite date to look forward to after Thursday!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete