Friday, November 30, 2012

IVF Day 18: ER (part 2-after)

We got 11 eggs.  I wanted more, but this is still good!  Please say prayers that they fertilize!

We got to the RE's office about 15 minutes early and by the time we both used the bathroom we were called back.  Chris went to his room and I went to strip down into a gown, fancy socks and a hair net!  Thank goodness Chris wasn't around to snap a pic!  I am still feeling tired and weak so this will be short for now:

TMI warning:

  • sat in chair and waited
  • paid $300 to anesthesiologist (Amy) via check
  • took 2 vicodin and a zofran
  • sat in chair and waited
  • got iv put in
  • finally got to go to the retrieval room 
  • put legs up in massive comfy stirups and was covered by a dark sheet
  • laughed with nurse and Amy about Owen and potty training
  • Dr. C popped her head in to say knock me out
  • I was told to think a happy thought and started praying
  • 15 seconds later I am waking up and being moved back to my other chair
  • I asked for Chris, bam he appeared
  • I was groggy, nauseous, thirsty, tired and wrapped up in a blanket.
  • I started to get really crampy so Amy gave me an extra something to knock the pain away, that stuff rocks.
  • I got my discharged instructions and had to pee so bad I knew I wanted to get up and leave
  • Peeing is weird.  It is sore down there.  Chris made a joke to keep me laughing. I love that man!
  • We got dressed and going down the elevator made me very nauseous.
  • The drive home was long, I was so nauseous and hungry but couldn't eat.  My mouth was so dry that I had to have water to swallow my biscuit.  
  • When I got home I felt better seeing my little Owen's face and I had to perk up for him.
  • I finished my biscuit and headed to bed taking a 2 hour nap.
  • I woke up feeling more sore, took 2 Tylenol and drank lots of water and peed a million times.  I feel like I can't completely empty my bladder so I am going a million little times.
  • I ate a snack and talked with mom while she cooked us dinner (meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, broccoli).  
  • I caught up with texts and phone calls and I am feeling better.  Still sore and tired, but better. 
  • Off to pee....AGAIN!    


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything went really well! Hooray! Now it is your job to just rest up and get ready for one (or tow) of those sticky bens to be put back inside you for 9 months. I am praying that your embryos are growing and dividing as they should and that you have lost of perfect ones to choose from.

    Hugs,
    Kara
    www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete