Wednesday, October 21, 2009
1st OB apt today!
Well, that was an interesting appointment! That was the first male doctor that was ever "down there" and my husband had to watch! Anyway, the DR did another u/s and the babies heart beats were 187 and 177!!! They are growing right on track and are healthy! The DR thinks he saw a cleft, meaning that their might be TWO SACKS!!! We are still praying that they confirm the second sack at the next appointment . If this is the case they will keep me at the clinic in Burlington and I won't have to be sent to Chapel Hill!! This means there is less chance of being on bed rest and in the hospital! One thing the DR mentioned was that I would be measuring full term at 28 weeks. Basically, I will look like I am fully pregnant at 28 weeks and will still have at least 10 more weeks to go! I am going to be a big belly and that I should enjoy being pregnant now because I am going to be uncomfortable later...but we are going to have two babies in our arms to kiss and love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Congrats! I am so excited for you. I will keep saying prayers for the second sac. Stay well.
ReplyDeleteThis is very exciting news. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you on beginning this exciting twins journey! It's hard fro me to remember this far back--but it does fly by! Carrying twins is no easy task, as you'll soon find out! I am 32 weeks now, and measuring 41 weeks, which is past term :) And I've still got a-ways to go--eek!
ReplyDeleteMy advice to you now--get the Dr. Luke book and enjoy feeling halfway decent, while it lasts! I agree--it'll all be worth it in the end!!!!
All the best!
Glad to hear your drs appt went well! Keeping fingers crossed for 2 separate sacks!!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I saw your blog on Multiples and More, and thought I would come say hello. I noticed your comment about separate sacs...my identical twins were diagnosed as mono/mono at first. Thankfully, the separating membrane was found and they were actually mono/di. I hope it goes the same for you!! Best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy!
ReplyDelete