Thursday, October 15, 2009

say a prayer ~headed to the DR today

Yesterday, I began having some weird twinging pains on my right side.  It lasted about 3 hours of on and off pain.  I called the DR office and by 4:30 the nurse called back and they want to bring me in today for an u/s @1:30 and do a beta b/w test.  Basically, they will take my blood today and on Saturday and make sure my numbers are doubling, meaning a healthy pregnancy; see below for a better description

click here to see original website

The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.

My coworker that teaches childbirths classes emailed me this:
Don't be too worried about the pain on your side, but it is always a good thing to get things checked out. It's common, your body and your cycle are just now starting to get used to this. However, your age does play a role. And, also the fact that you had problems conceiving, they will keep a close check on you, but I always tell my classes " you will never regret calling and getting checked, but you may regret it if you don't"!

I am praying that everything is healthy and we hear a nice strong heartbeat!  

4 comments:

  1. Extra prayers said, I hope that everything goes well. Also, I am happy that got you to laugh at my death by lint roller post! :) that co-worker of mine drives me nuts. :) talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Thinking and hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm praying that you have super strong doubling beta numbers!

    ReplyDelete