Monday, October 26, 2009

9 weeks and a present for me!



Thank you to thebump dot com for letting me know that our babies are the size of olives!  According to babycenter they are the size of grapes!  Either way both sound kinda yummy! 

From the babycenter:  Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

Oh goodness, did you read that last line I put in bold?  We are poised for double rapid weight gain!! Here we go!


How far along: 9 weeks FINALLY!
Total weight gain/loss: gained 1/2 pound
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but i am planing on buying some soon.
Stretch marks: way to early for that!
Sleep: great except when I am peeing, I am up to 4 times a night and i've been sick all week so sleep has been harder due to a soar throat and runny nose :(
Best moment this week:   Finding out there might be a cleft meaning two sacks and our babies are less high risk.  Also, the new necklace that I ordered today from the jewel box.  It is my belated anniversary present from my husband!!  This is the first item we have bought since finding out I am pregnant!  Ours will look similar to this one except have a green dangle for May the month they are due!
Gender: Team green, still thinking they are boys
Belly button in or out?: In
Craving: nothing except EVERYTHING, I am eating every 2 hours.
What I miss: nothing...i am so excited to be pregnant finally!
What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on Nov 13th!
Milestones: making it to 9 weeks, more than 1/2 way through the 1st trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment