Right now we are counting the days until a few things:
Christie's Baby Shower: 12 days
The day we close on our house: 25 days
our first ultrasound: 32 days!!!!!!!
I know you all have been waiting for it so here I am! 7 week belly pic!
How far along: 7 weeks, 4 days (over 1/2 way through 1st trimester!)
Total weight gain/loss: 1 pound (but lots of bloat!)
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but started using the belly band with some of my skinny clothes
Stretch marks: way to early for that!
Sleep: Somewhat comfortable, it is harder to lay on my stomach due to the titty fairy's visits, I am peeing at least twice a night (i used to pee only once a night)
Best moment this week: At the U2 concert when Chris realized he could tell our bean that they did get to hear U2 (even though our little bean can't hear anything yet!)
Gender: Team green, but we WILL be finding out!
Belly button in or out?: In
Craving: I dont think I've had any cravings, but my husband thinks differently. Apparently, I now like Nabs, the square orange crackers with peanut butter in them. I will go to the pantry and really the only choice is between those and Nabs, and for some reason (i think it is because I have my husbands DNA growing inside me, those crackers sound good). I am getting in trouble eating them and a lot of friends and family are laughing at me!
What I miss: Not being nauseous all the time, thank goodness it is not bad enough to throw up, but it is there in the pit of my stomach the whole day.
What I am looking forward to: Getting to hear the heartbeat and feeling like this is REAL!
Milestones: Nov. 6th, 1st Ultrasound
Our little beans growth this week: the size of a blueberry!The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.
If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.
(Thanks to babycenter.com for the above info)


No comments:
Post a Comment