Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009 & Hello 2010!

So, 2009 is going out with a bang!  This was a year of tears and of lots of joy.

Looking back, the beginning of the 2009 was very tough for us.  I had be hoping to be pregnant through the holiday season and into the new year and it hadn't happened.  So, Chris and I entered 2009 with heavy hearts.

This year will also be known as the year my Grandfather went up to heaven.  Jim, Cobbo, Granddad, Colonel Cobb these are just a few of the names that could only begin to describe a man who touched the hearts of those around him.  He taught the women in his family what love is.  He grounded our family of women who are all still lost without him in our lives.  We understood it was his time to go, and we would never have asked him to stay and suffer on this earth.  We KNOW with out a shadow of a doubt that he is in Heaven waiting for us.

And yet as this grief was still fresh in our hearts, God gave our family something to rejoice about.  He blessed our family with the promise of a new union.  Sara and Robby decided to marry in 2009!  I spent many hours on the phone with Sara, talking about their wedding or visiting places!  Venues, colors, dresses, flowers, programs, hotels, tea parties, showers and so many more fun and exciting things to plan and help with!

Then as the wedding was almost here Chris and my prayers were answered in one final swoop! September 2009:  I turned 29, Sara was married, our house went under contract, and found out we were expecting...FINALLY!  Two Pink Lines in 09!!  We were even able to throw one last amazing party at our home for our best friends little girl who was on the way!   Thankfully, God is good and his timing is perfect.  There is no way I could have planned all those events so smoothly!

So, here it is 12-31-09 and I am looking back and thinking about all the happy and sad tears that fell this year and I wouldn't change anything.  At the time going through all the events and emotions; there were some dark moments of despair.  In Ecclesiastes,"to every thing there is a season",  this is so true.  As we journey through life we may not understand the whole picture at that moment.   But, looking back over this year I am able to in a small way understand God's wonderful plan for our lives.  He taught us patience this year and how with patience comes great rewards!  What could be better than waiting 14 months than to find out you've been blessed with twins!  It has to be God's plan for our friends to get pregnant before us, so that I would have time with their little girl before my world is turned upside down with 2 babies!  It had to be God's timing for our house to sell right before the wedding so we wouldn't have to stress during the wedding, and we could move afterward.  It is, also, His timing that the house we are renting became vacant right as we needed a place to live.  His planning that our family would help us out with at low rent payment so we could save for the arrival of our twins.   There are many more big and small miracles that happened in our life this past year, but I have to stop with my ramblings! :)



So, I lift my sparkling grape juice to 2009!  I wouldn't want to live through you again, but I wouldn't change you either!  And here's to 2010 and all the tears and joy you are sure to bring!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. I got teary reading the ending. I will cheers my Champagne tonight as you do your sparkling grape juice! :) Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete