Friday, January 8, 2010

Message from Jeanna's sister...

This is Sara, Jeanna's sister.  I am updating today for Jeanna!

Jeanna and Chris met with their doctor this morning and have since checked into the hospital.  They have given Jeanna the medicine in order to induce her labor.  The doctor told us that it could be tomorrow morning, or even as long as Monday morning before she delivers.  Please keep her in your prayers as we hope things will progress quickly and be as easy as possible for Jeanna.

Jeanna wants to let everyone know how much she appreciates all the comments and prayers!  It means a lot to have such a network of people who are praying and thinking about everything that she and Chris are going through.

I also wanted to let you all know how much they appreciate everyone who wants to help in such an unfortanate time.  At this point, being in the hospital for a matter of days is going to add up quickly on the medical bills, and their insurance is not going to cover delivering Jeanna's angel babies.  Instead of sending flowers, the family has decided the best way to help Jeanna and Chris is to help with the medical bills.  We are giving them money through paypal.com as a gift to help.

I have included directions below if you are interested in contributing also.

- visit www.paypal.com
- click the link "send money online" (it is at the middle/bottom of the page)
- enter Chris' email into the To:  guitarchris@netzero.net (note Chris's first name is Jesse)

- make sure you click the "personal" tab and click the "gift" option and continue to fill out the rest of the information to complete the transaction.

Again, please know that we all appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!

28 comments:

  1. I know that I don't "know you" but I wish I could give you a huge hug. I am so saddened about your losses. I just started reading your blog today after being led to it by Monica (from Pixel Perfect). I cannot express how sorry I am. Please know that God has you in His loving arms and that eventually, with time, peace will pass understanding. Psalm 139: 12-16

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying - so sorry (led here by Harper's mom via Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so sorry. Your family is in our prayers. (Twitter from Kelly Stamps)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon this blog this AM and then again this afternoon on a NC chat board. My heart is breaking for you. My husband and I lost our son Wyatt 7 weeks ago today when I was 18 weeks pregnant.

    If either of you need to talk, I am here. I hurt with you as you are experiencing this loss, even though we are "strangers" to one another. Not, unfortunately, we carry this painful bond. Please feel free to email me or contact me on my blog. I am willing to listen and share and whatever else it is that you need as you go through this terribly painful journey.

    God bless you, your family and your beautiful angels. They will ALWAYS be your children. You will always be their parents and will always be a mommy and daddy.

    Allison-
    Allison DOT L DOT Dyer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((Hugs))) and prayers from Rochester, NY

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless. Continued prayers for you, your family and your angel babies. May God give you strength and guidance to get through this sad time. I intend on making a donation to help you with your medical bills. Any little bit helps. xoxo ashely929 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for giving us a way to help. I know it won't take the pain away, but I really wanted to be able to do something for them. Jeanna and Chris, you will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanna,
    I am so sorry. You were a rock for me in my time of need and I want you to know, whatever you need, if you ever need to talk, whatever, I'm here for you. I'm so sorry honey and my prayers and thoughts are with you as you go through this now. Sending all my love and strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs and prayers. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry to hear about this devastating loss. Please know you'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart just breaks for the two of you. I am so sorry for your loss. My husband and I both are uplifting you in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know nothing can take away the pain of such a loss, but my prayers are added to the many others who care for you. May you be comforted at this time and always.

    Wordy
    Word Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry and praying for you both so much.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been there! Its devestating, I do know! May you be comforted and know that God has a plan and a purpose. I will be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sarah, I used the paypal link, but when my gift was confirmed, it said Jesse Holmes instead of Chris. Hope I did that right. Let me know if I need to fix something. My thoughts are with your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for you and your family! I am so sorry. I was led here from Monica on Pixel Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry Jeanna. (((huge hugs))) I wish there was something I could do. Sending lots of prayers.
    -Perry 7285 from the old TTTC board

    ReplyDelete
  18. Words are insufficient. How very sorry I am for the loss of your twins. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm know we don't know each other, but please know that my husband and I are sending you and Chris our prayers. Your angels will always be watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, Chris' first name is Jesse! You are good! :) thanks for checking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sara,

    I'll address this to you since you're updating Jeanna's blog for her at this very sad time.

    I found this blog my today via a blog of my friend Allison (see commenter above), who writes "My Journey With Endometriosis". I saw her post about Jeanna's situation today.

    I am so very sorry. There are no words that could possibly begin to be adequate. I'm just so sorry.

    Please let Jeanna and Chris know that there are many people thinking of them at this time.

    Please let Jeanna know that Allison (who I just mentioned) and Alicia (also a commenter above) are both excellent support people... having both recently suffered their own losses. They are both friends of mine (virtual of Allison, virtual and "in real life" for Alicia) and they are both passionate about helping others who suffer such terrible losses.

    I am so very sorry. Please pass along my condolences to Jeanna and Chris. While I do not know them, I feel very badly for the incredibly painful experience they are now going through.

    Peace,

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Having read the PayPal instructions above and finding my PayPal screen slightly different when I logged onto it, I just wanted to mention that for me the "send money" option was the second from the left tab near the top of the screen.

    My screen did not have an option called "send money online". However, once I clicked the "send money" tab I mentioned, I did see a "personal" tab and I did see where to code it as "gift" and enter the email address.

    It's also worth noting that bank-to-bank transfers have no fees (at least from the type of account I have). Credit and debit cards, however, charge a fee for the transaction. So, if people make their donations as a bank-to-bank donation, no one pays a fee.

    As J mentioned in a prior comment, the name Jesse does indeed appear on the final screen. That would have thrown me if J hadn't already asked about it.

    Hopefully the above info will assist any others who wish to make a donation. Every little bit helps and the thought of someone getting stuck with a bill in such a situation as this is unthinkable.

    Best of luck getting donations to help Jeanna and Chris cover the expenses involved. The emotional/physical pain is bad enough. They certainly don't need financial stress added on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sara,

    I just posted a message on Facebook to draw attention to this post and specifically to the PayPal option.

    Here is what I posted with a link to this post:

    "Imagine being 19 weeks, 3 days pregnant with twins, finding out there are no heartbeats, being told that you have to be induced, and then being informed that your health insurance would NOT be covering your several days in the hospital. This post explains what one family is doing to help the affected couple"...

    If you'd like to see the link on Facebook, just send me a friend request (please attach a message that you're Jeanna's sister on your friend request so I will know it's you). My Facebook name is "Jeanne Endo". I just posted the link on my wall.

    The more people see the link, the better... I think.

    Thank you for supporting your sister at this difficult time. I'm sure your support means a lot to her.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't have the money to donate at this time but just wanted to see if applying for medicaid is an option for her? medicaid can be used as a secondary insurance. she needs to speak to a social worker at the hospital and apply, if approved, that would take care all of the hospital expensis.

    I know at my hospital, they have something called Charity Care that you can apply for that will help pay the bills. I have done this before and had my whole bill paid for. Of course you would have to call and specifically ask if they have something like that because usually they don't tell you these things.

    ReplyDelete
  25. im so sorry for ur loss, i too have experienced losing a child at 23 weeks to a premature delivery, so i feel ur pain-God bless, and our prayers go out to you....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't actually know you, but I wanted to say I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this has been.

    I am outraged that your insurance is refusing to cover the birth of the twins. That is totally ridiculous. I do hope that you plan to appeal their decision not to cover. I know each state has regulations on insurance companies and depending on the type of insurance it is you have a right to at least receive their decision not to cover in writing and you should have some method to appeal. I would enlist the support of your physician to document the medical necessity of the birth. Insurance companies say no, and expect their "customers" not to fight. I realize that you don't likely have the energy to fight them right now but please enlist the help of your family to put together an appeal, to understand the full extents of the appeal process, and fight fight fight!!!

    My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jeanna,

    I just published a post with the intention of directing traffic here for your PayPal donation.

    I hope it helps:

    http://chronichealing.com/a-way-to-help/

    Your story touched my heart. I am terribly sorry for your loss and saddened that your insurance company is denying you coverage.

    Thinking of you.

    Peace,

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete