Friday, February 4, 2011

lil spark: 38 weeks

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: up 43 lbs
Maternity clothes: what do you think?
Stretch marks:
found a new little one on my left side, oh well.
Sleep: not much anymore more like little naps throughout the night
Best moments this week:  hospital tour and asking TONS of questions
Belly button in or out?: out with pride
Craving: Milk still tastes good!  No huge cravings, just hungry a lot!
What I am looking forward to: we could be meeting this little one in a week!
Here we are at 8am in the morning.  I couldn't sleep anymore and I do love getting a nice big hug and kiss from Chris before he leaves in the morning.  A nap might have to be in the cards for later.


Yesterday was a crazy day for us.  After a stressful day of not a lot of movement from Owen I got completely freaked out and finally called the Dr's office at 3.  They decided to send me to the hospital for a nonstress (or stress) test.  I immediately called Chris, who didn't answer the phone twice in a row, but ended up that he was walking in the door.  Of course, I burst into tears when I saw him and we were in the car headed for the hospital in less than 10 minutes.  Then there was a HUGE backup on the highway due to an accident so we took the long way in and it took us over and hour to get there, lets just say it wasn't a fun car ride.  Though, Owen moved several times on the way, but they were so faint and small compared to the belly rocking/jumping that I am so used to.  Thankfully, at the hospital his heartbeat was doing exactly what it was supposed to and I got to see my contractions on the machine.  I would never have forgiven myself if something had been wrong and Chris was so great about supporting me, but I wish I didn't have to go through that.  Good news, Owen is back to his normal self today.  I have to remember that he has slow/quiet days, just hope there aren't anymore till he is outside!
After finding out that everything looks great and we went out to a quick dinner and headed back to the hospital for the tour (this is why Chris was home early yesterday, God knew I needed him).  I would recommend taking a tour of the hospital to everyone.  I was able to ask a ton of questions and get a real feeling for what our stay will look like.  She also gave us some great tips on what to bring and what not to bring (don't bring anything white like pillowcases b/c you will never get them back if they head down to the laundry).  Just think in one week we will be running around this house trying to get everything ready before we leave for the hospital!  Makes me want to start packing our bags right now!

5 comments:

  1. AWWW I am sorry that you had a stressfull day but I sure am glad everything is perfect!!! Going on 1 week today - can you believe it? I love you and can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a rollercoaster day! SO glad to hear it worked out ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had to go through that! I remember there were quiet times as well and my mind would quickly go to the worse. One time I drank some OJ and baby started moving again - so if you need reassurance you can try that but it's not an exact science :) Remember, Owen is still growing and needs his rest too! :) The one thing I brought to the hospital was my own pillow - really didn't have a need for anything else since E came so quick...Oh one thing I wished I asked more for was those HUGE absorbent pads/sheets that the hospital provides so that when you get home (and you will still be bleeding heavily) you can lay it out under you when you sit down or on the bed with some towels :) The countdown is ON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that things turned out great at the hospital...I know the little guys can have less active days but at this point in the game I would rather be over cautious and nothing wrong then less cautious and have something bad happen...So whatever reassures you do it:)

    As far as your belly to me it looks like it is dropping...I have noticed mine has dropped now to the point where my belly is starting to peak out at the bottom of my shirts:)

    ReplyDelete