it is only day 11 and we've been:
- peed on
- pooped on
- spit uped on
- sleep deprived
- blow out diaper (disposable FYI)
- confused by endless crying
- woken up just to check that he is breathing
- cried
- forgotten when my last shower was
- freaked out by choking noises and gurgling hick-ups
- taken over by baby stuff
- smiled at
- snuggled with
- had his first sponge baths (Owen, not Chris)
- amazed by all the different baby noises
- tears of joy
- giving lots of kisses
- staring at him sleeping
- loving all his different baby faces
 |
| daddy has become a quick expert! |
 |
| Owen hates diaper change time |
 |
| our special spot for eating and snuggling! Milk drunk! |
Oh Jeanna, tears spill down my face as I read this post. I just spent the last 4 hours reading through all of your posts--words can't express. Knowing that he's here now and reading about your dream (Where you said, "Owen Cobb Holmes you are FINALLY here) made me cry. (Who am I kidding--I been fighting back tears for 4 hours!) I am so overjoyed at the thought of you getting to know Owen. I know you are loving every peed-on, pooped on, sleep deprived minute. You and Chris are in my prayers--newborns can be downright scary (and babies...toddlers...)! (I sent you a message on FB about "My Brestfriend")
ReplyDeleteI am loving the updates! can't wait until I get to spend the weekend with you and your amazing little family. Love you
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the wonder of parenthood! You look so happy and he is such a cutie chunky monkey! I remember not sleeping at all (even when he was) because I would hear the occasional choking (we called it the hairball in throat noise) and I would jump up and make sure he was still breathing -- time goes by so fast so enjoy all his newborn baby-ness before you forget how little he once was! Sleep was the major issue the first few weeks for us but it DOES get better! :) congrats again! can't wait to hear more updates on how your new life with Owen is going!
ReplyDeleteAwe, such an awesome update!!! You guys look so incredibly happy and it is such a wonderful sight to see:)
ReplyDeleteOur little guy hated getting his diaper changed until we got a wipe warmer. I used to make fun of them but now we can't live without it!! Do you have one? Owen is beautiful. Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteDont you love the milk drunk look...when there eyes roll back in their heads and the milk ring is left around their little mouths:)
ReplyDeleteBrycen hates diaper changes and clothes changes as well that about the only time he cries oh and with his sponge bath too