Sunday, February 13, 2011

Owen's Birth Story Part 1

At the house:

So, Thursday evening we went out to dinner at Brixx for my sister Robyn's birthday.  We had a great time and Chris and I headed home a bit in shock that we were about to have a baby the next day.  Little did we know how different it would have been to our "plan" and how much better it would be than we thought.

Thursday night was a difficult night sleeping due to the tossing and turning and extra pressure.  I didn't think much of it.  Friday morning, I woke up early and began the day by writing my 39 week/Pre-C-section post. 

Let me set the scene for you: 
I began waddling around the house gathering bags and last minute items.  Chris was hanging out watching tv and surfing the web. 

Jeanna: Chris will you come empty the dishwasher? 
Chris: We don't HAVE to empty the dishwasher before we leave.
Jeanna:  I know, but I want to and get the dirty dishes out of the sink.  Then, I want you to help me finish packing and we both need to shower.  Then we can relax 
Chris:    We've got plenty of time, and I am doing something! 

Not even was that out of his mouth when I felt a pop.  I didn't think anything about it till the warm small gush. 
10:30am
Jeanna: I think my water broke!
Chris:  What?  Are you sure?
Jeanna:  um, yes that was more!

Chris threw the lap on the table and began running around.  I waddled to the bathroom and sat on the toilet and more water rushed out along with what I think was the rest of my mucus plug.  Chris brought me my cell phone and I called our Drs office.  Within 5 minutes we knew that they were sending info over to the hospital that we were to leave for the hospital immediately.  But first I still had to clean up myself up and by this point Chris is half dressed asking me what we need to pack, basically freaking out!  I was pretty calm because I knew that all I had to do was look at my list.  He kept asking if I needed my contact lens case and my glasses.  "No and yes, just let me get my list honey and I will tell you exactly what I need.  But first I want to finish getting dressed!  We are FINE, there was no blood.  Water breaking doesn't mean that he will be here in 10 minutes, stop freaking out." 

I got to my list and told Chris what I needed, he got the car packed in record time.  So, I guess its not the end of the world that I didn't get to shower and that the dishwasher didn't get emptied.  It all worked out in the end because right now my husband is having kangaroo time with his son; all my heart is laying on a fold out couch in a hospital room. 

I am writing this from our hospital room.  Owen is due to eat in 10 minutes,  I am tired of siting in front of this laptop and all my cool wristbands are cutting in my arms.  We are to be checked out in the morning and can't wait to get home. 

18 comments:

  1. FINALLY! I am so glad your sweet son is here safe and sound. I have been checking the blog since yesterday morning. Congratulations and blessings to you.
    Can't wait to see a picture of the little man.
    Kimberly Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you...I have been following your story since I followed the link in your signature on thebump back when you first were pregnant with your twins. I just wanted to let you know. :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it must be kind of awesome to know he was going to come out then anyway, that he wasn't rushed at all by the c/s. Can't wait to hear how it ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I am so very very happy for you that everything went well. Love reading your story every day. Can't wait for the pictures. Happy for you and your husband. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and Chris. congrats! And Welcome to the world Owen! I can't wait to meet him in person, Pat and I are over the moon for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. Congratulations. I read this post last night before I went to bed but was too tired to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Kind of sounds like our story only my cleaning was all completely done, but I was still a month out so my packing list was non-existent. Can't wait to read more. Enjoy your time with your little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so so so happy for you and can feel the love that you have for Owen without even seeing a picture of you two together. Owen is lucky to have such wonderful parents. Thinking of you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I cannot wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me so happy! I can't wait to read the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sounds like an eventful day! You've just given me fuel to convince my hubby to pack his own bag sooner than later! Can't wait to hear the rest. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, congratulations!!! Sounds like an incredible story...continue to soak up the joy of these first memories together as a family ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to part 2 of the birth story and a picture of baby Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and welcome to the world Owen! You have me at the edge of my seat - can't wait for part 2! Hope you are doing well and getting to know each other :) So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still cant believe your water broke:) Guess it tells you that it was def the right time for him to make his grand entrance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats ! I'm so glad owen is here and is happy and healthy cant wait to see pictures of him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Such exciting news and fun times with the newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so late here, but congrats, mama! He's gorgeous, just like you! XO!!!

    ReplyDelete