Sunday, February 6, 2011

our church: Graham Friends

We go to a very special church.  Chris' mom has gone there all her life and Chris grew up going there.  When we were dating, we would drive 45 minutes just to attend this church.  My first reaction was that if my husband is this passionate about attendance at a particular church I am not going to fight him on it.  I have grown to know the people in the church and recognize it for more than a place to go on a Sunday morning.  It is a place where first we worship God and grown in him, but second we are surrounded by those that are going to support us in this choice we have made.  These people are what has me looking forward to Sunday mornings.  There may not be hundreds of us, but we make an impact on each other and even in our missions.  The other great thing is that our service doesn't start till 11am, so you can even sleep in a little!   

In the past few years, the youth have really become the light in our church.  The stories of how the kids see the church out of the car windows and ask "are we going to church?" and are disappointed when they are just driving by is a testament to what is going right in our church. I am excited to be bringing our son to this church and hope he has this passion like the other children do!

But the reason for this post, or the reason I am sharing is because of the out pouring of love from the church members.  Today, our pastor called us (Chris and me) to the front and everyone surrounded us placing hands on us or other members and our pastor said a prayer for our c-section.  I love being a member where the people I am worshiping with know me and I know them.  During the greeting of the friends, it is a true greeting between friends.  Sometimes, we have to be threatened by having to sit with the kids during the children's chat to get us back to our pews! 

On January 16th, they threw us a baby shower and we were very blessed.  It was a wonderful time where I enjoyed longer conversations with the ladies of the church and we know that they will support us in raising this little boy to believe in God and having a relationship with Him.  We received gifts that we needed off our registry and many handmade items that were just as special!   Even today when we arrived there were two more gifts waiting in our pew.  Yes, our pew we have favorite seats!

If you want to learn more about our church check out the facebook page (yes we are THAT cool) click here or our website where you can hear sermons and see what we've been up to!  Click here 

3 comments:

  1. How wondeerful to have such a great church support:) This will def help you get through anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really amazing community to be a part of. U'm so glad your son will be born into such a wealth of love and support. Thank you for sharing it with us as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I have been looking for a church home like that but since my family moved away and our old church went to the wayside due to politics within the church, it has been very difficult to find one.

    I want that for my children though.

    ReplyDelete