Tuesday, January 26, 2010

prayer shawl and a new friend



I received two gifts last Wednesday, a prayer shawl and a new friend.

This woman and I have known each other for over a year now and she reached out to me recently.  On Wednesday, we met for lunch.  It was enough just getting me out the office and to giving me something to look forward to.  I am looking forward to more lunch dates as we realized we both work downtown!  Over our lunch, we found out we had more in common than we thought and there was laughter and tears.  The prayer shawl is something that her church does.  These women sit around crocheting these shawls while praying for the future recipients.  Now, when I want to hold my boys I can wrap this around me and know that I am surrounded by prayers and love.  Don't you love the light blue for my baby boys?  I do.


(Imagine my husband acting like a monkey to get me to give a big smile for the camera!  I wish I had him on the camera instead of me!  Also, you can see another section of horrible wall paper from our rental house.)

6 comments:

  1. how nice of her to give that to you. its gorgeous, and I must say, you are looking beautiful. can't wait until July 2nd to finally meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! you are right, it is super cute! And the blue is always a good color for a blonde haired blue eyed!

    ReplyDelete