I know that there are a lot of people out there wanting to know we how we are doing. We are having good days and bad days. Some days are just plain harder than others. Some days I am ok, I understand that this was God's will for my family. That Chris did get his prayer answered for healthy babies. It was just not the answer we thought it would be. As I keep telling everyone, I don't have to like God's will for us and truthfully I don't like it one bit. But it happened. We don't have our babies still growing in me. I realized that one day I might understand this.
But then other days I am an emotional mess, I can't help but think about all the things I would have done with our sons, the fun we would have had, the love I would have given them. I picture my husband holding them and I feel like I might not make it another minute. Basically, last week was a rough week. It is hard being back to work and it is mentally exhausting.
But today so far is a good day. Last night Chris and I watched a Harry Potter movie, we are way behind and are working our way through all the series. At least I don't have to worry about the plots upsetting me! Then we went to bed early (early for a weekend night) and slept till 10:30! I needed that sleep. This morning we slowing got out of bed enjoying that we have no schedule for the day. We watched some TV and then decided to be responsible adults doing some filing of the mound of papers that seems to accumulate around the house and then we did some quick cleaning. We even started doing our laundry which is usually reserved for Sundays. I am quite proud of all we got accomplished before 3pm. I've even pulled a turkey pie from the freezer for dinner (thanks Jennifer!).
I just finished a good book, and Chris is playing guitar. Sounds like today he is enjoying himself. We are ok, not great, but certainly not bad. We are learning to live without our sons. Basically, we are living and as always loving each other.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ugh it just breaks my heart to read your blog. I wish there was something i could do to take your pain away. I can't imagine the heartache you feel. I'm glad your having a good day and i hope this is the beginning of many more. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update, Jeanna! I am glad that your able to have some good moments and days. Just know that we are still praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWe saw "When in Rome" today....it's cute and safe. :-)
ReplyDeleteJeanna,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I have followed your blog since November. We both were pregnant with baby boy twins and due at the EXACT time. We too recently lost our perfect baby boys at 22 weeks. I would love to talk with you more since we are going thru the same horrible loss. My email is jenclittle@yahoo.com. Look forward to talking with you soon!
Jennifer
Hi Jeanna, I found your blog today through another and I just wanted to say how much I admire your honesty and strength in writing your story. I could hardly see my laptop screen through the tears as I was reading your baby boys' birth story and it just breaks my heart that this happened to you and your family. I hope you don't mind me following your journey - take care
ReplyDeleteHi Jeanna,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and I am so sorry to hear about what you and your husband are going through. It breaks my heart to read your posts. You are an amazing person and I admire you for putting this out there for others to read. I am thinking about you and your family.
Stay Strong,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com
Hi Jeanna,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you are a member of our club. I lost my boy/girl twins on 12/22/2009 at 23 weeks. The grief comes in waves for me. Please feel free to email me if you ever need to vent or just want to talk about your babies. Talking about mine makes me feel so much better. mqbhannah@gmail.com