Today, Chris worked at home. So Owen and I played and danced around him just enjoying having Daddy with us for the morning. The rest of the day was a whirlwind. Owen got to hang out with his Granddaddy and skipped his nap so tonight he was so tired. When I was putting him to bed, which is always a sweet time, he looked at me and said "owee, baby" then he crawled around in my lap until I was holding him like a precious little newborn. Oh little boy, how you know how to melt your mommy's heart. So, I held my little toddler like a baby and sang him all the songs that I have been signing him his whole life. I watched his face and I could see the eyes drooping and then he caught me looking at him and he smiled and tried to hide his sleepy eyes behind his MeMe and his hands. Oh little toddler, so independent already and "too big" to let mommy rock him to sleep. I enjoyed rocking him and before the moment could be ruined by a toddler tantrum, I kissed his little lips and put him in his little crib and told him "night night, sweet boy, mommy loves you, night night".
Thank you Jesus for a wonderful day.
Wedding Wrecks, Fangirl Edition
6 days ago


Hay, your story is amazing, Congrats for your baby. It feels really awesome to touch the small and soft hands and feets of your own child. http://www.pregnancydiabetesapp.com
ReplyDelete