Friday, November 30, 2012

IVF Day 18: ER (part 1-before)

As this post is going up we will be in the middle of our ER, please say some prayers for us that things go smoothly and normal.  I like normal when it comes to medical stuff.

Here is what my RE's office described today as:
"Day 0: Egg harvest, conscious sedation, egg count, Later that afternoon ICSI is preformed.  Usually 75% of eggs will be suitable for ICSI after they are stripped"

My thoughts:

  • egg count: hoping the 17 they saw yesterday are all good, will find out for sure before we leave the office
  • 75% of 17 is 12.75 so come on 13!!
  • ICSI is pronounced Ick-see (FYI)
    • ICSI is where they put a sperm into the egg
    • I am not 100% sure if they are going to do this or not.  If they don't...we get 1k back, but if they do I think Dr. M said there is a better chance of fertilization.
  • stripped?? Need to find out what this is.

2 comments:

  1. Praying everything goes smoothly. They talk about stripping the extra gunk off from around the eggs in the video I posted on my blog a while back. I can't recall the term, but it's basically the stuff the egg grows in while in the follicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to ask today! Thanks for filling me in, I will try and find that video!

      Delete