Today was like a normal Tuesday/Thursday with our little visitor Charlie. He is a sweet boy and watching him on a Friday threw me off on my days. After, he left Owen and I played with Daddy for a long time. Tickles. Running. Throwing the big green ball. All of it fun and full of giggles!
Daddy had to go play a show so Owen and I ended his day at the Shan house playing and eating amazing pot roast!!
But. This all brings me to this this moment that I NEVER want to forget. It was 11:30 I was watching TV and about to head to bed. Well, my little boy started fussing and I noticed that the monitor said 67 in his room. Well, usually it says high 70's. (it is off by a couple degrees on the high side). Anyway, I knew he was cold. I was walking back to his room about the time when he broke down and was really crying out in his sleep for me.
I picked up my boy and could feel his cold skin. I changed his diaper. He stretched his little legs straight out and if he had been awake it would have been our game "stretch your bones". I softly said it to him and as he laid there with his eyes closed and MeMe clutched closely, a smile formed on his mouth. Quickly, as only mother of a 20 month old could do, I finished the late night diaper change and cuddled my boy into my arms, his head on my left shoulder.
We sat in the rocking chair that was given to Chris's parents as a wedding gift and given to us for our son's nursery. I rocked my boy. This is nothing new from this season. The summer of "rock, mama" that turned to fall "rock me mommy". My precious boy put his head on my shoulder and we rocked. It could have been a minute it could have been twenty, but I don't know because I was soaking it in and thanking the Lord for this healthy child in my arms. So, I tucked his feet up into my lap and reached up under his shirt to rub his back. His chilly skin was warmed by my hand and then his MeMe fell to the floor. Just Owen and Mommy rocking in the rocking chair alone. For once, I was enough for him.
A couple of minutes passed and I felt a little hand stir. That hand patted my arm, patted all around when a little voice said so quiet. "MeMe". A smile formed on my face...I can't help it. MeMe makes him so happy that I don't care that it is the silliest lovey out there. The fact is Owen loves MeMe so I love MeMe. It is part of my mommy job to make sure MeMe is found not lost.
During the day, Owen's face will light up when I tell him where MeMe is! I will do just about anything to make that boy happy.
I picked MeMe off the floor and handed it to my precious baby. I held him another minute inhaling his scent and sending one last prayer thanking God for my baby and praying for another.
I laid Owen in his crib, covered him up with a blanket and made sure MeMe was in place in his arms. I brushed his hair out of his eyes and told him I loved him and left my heart in the room as I left. Yes, I can see he has turned on his side in the crib and is fast asleep. The temperature is nice and warm in his room now.
30 minutes later I am writing all the details so that I will never forget another amazing moment with my son. Good night world. Good night Nov. 2nd. Thank you Jesus for another wonderful day.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Beautiful post!!!
ReplyDelete